Alright, I’ve had this one in the works for the past 5 months. It’s time to write out the damned tutorial and post it. Especially since this is my Craft War entry for April.
My Chimeras are made from 2 Gazelles and 2 Lions from a $3 Jungle Animals pack I got from Walmart, and 2 Velociraptors from a Dinosaur bucket (also from Walmart).
I started by cutting the heads off of the Gazelles and the Raptors, and trimming down the horns of the gazelles. Continue reading
DM’s Craft User Halloweenville graciously granted me premission to repost his Skeleton Bridge Tutorial here. The Skeletons can be had for 4 for a buck from Dollar Tree and Dollar General
First Here’s some of the Materials and Tools Used.
Well after spending almost an entire day in playing around in Gimp, I digitally kit-bashed Microtactix free paper Model, Horseman’s Deli.
My Purpose in doing so? I wanted some variety in my Mini-mall. Now due to legal reasons I cannot share the files, but I can show you then end result. All it takes is a little time and know how.
I could have made my building signs modular (ie, magnetized them the way I did with my Big Red Buildings), but chose not to, as I already had a 2-storefront building and was making a 3-storefront building. Plus I wanted to speed up my Build Process. Shrug. I also made the second-store box for my Big Red Buildings, and chose not to kit-bash the model any more than putting some paper-clips in the Front and Back so I had the option of attaching signs to the upper two floors. Continue reading
Ha! You were expecting more Paper City stuff?
Not today. Today I am reviewing my initial impression of HeroScape: Re-Skinned, or as Wizards of the Coast is calling it: Magic the Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers.
This image is property of WotC and Hasbro. Please don’t sue me!
Alright, the reason this is late is because I couldn’t find the data cable for my phone.
So for my Kit-Bashed TommyGun paper Buildings (all of which can be found here), I wanted the buildings to double as storage trays for street tiles and vehicles (such as what I showed off here). Not wanting to do an excessive amount of Kit-bashing the way I did with the other building, I decided to build some shells out of foam-core.
I did practice my Gimp skills a bit, and did some digital Kit-bashing of some paper models. Due to uncertainties of legalities, I’m not certain I can share them at this time. But basically I noticed One Monk’s Chimera Brood Bio-Weapons
provided one of each weapon pose per page. Most war-gaming army squads are of single-unit types, which would have meant printing on page for each unit and lots of wasted ink. So I decided to take it upon myself to to cut-out the individual weapon poses in Gimp and make single-pose pages.
This is for two reasons: