Here is another Save the Day Writeup – this time for Cyclops!
So I’ve been playing around with the Character Creation Rules Beta for Okumarts’ Save the Day super-hero role-playing/skirmish game. Right now I’m thinking of running a Supers game in the near future featuring the small collection of HeroClix I own. Since my collection is somewhat limited, I will have to use what I have. And since I have a small handful of X-men… I guess that’s where I will start. First up is Professor X, and as the week goes by I’ll post my conversions of Cyclops, Jean Grey,
Quick Note: I am tweaking the history a bit. You will see further down when you get to his Background and History.
My Purpose in doing so? I wanted some variety in my Mini-mall. Now due to legal reasons I cannot share the files, but I can show you then end result. All it takes is a little time and know how.
I could have made my building signs modular (ie, magnetized them the way I did with my Big Red Buildings), but chose not to, as I already had a 2-storefront building and was making a 3-storefront building. Plus I wanted to speed up my Build Process. Shrug. I also made the second-store box for my Big Red Buildings, and chose not to kit-bash the model any more than putting some paper-clips in the Front and Back so I had the option of attaching signs to the upper two floors. Continue reading
Alright, the reason this is late is because I couldn’t find the data cable for my phone.
So for my Kit-Bashed TommyGun paper Buildings (all of which can be found here), I wanted the buildings to double as storage trays for street tiles and vehicles (such as what I showed off here). Not wanting to do an excessive amount of Kit-bashing the way I did with the other building, I decided to build some shells out of foam-core.
I did practice my Gimp skills a bit, and did some digital Kit-bashing of some paper models. Due to uncertainties of legalities, I’m not certain I can share them at this time. But basically I noticed One Monk’s Chimera Brood Bio-Weapons
provided one of each weapon pose per page. Most war-gaming army squads are of single-unit types, which would have meant printing on page for each unit and lots of wasted ink. So I decided to take it upon myself to to cut-out the individual weapon poses in Gimp and make single-pose pages.
This is for two reasons:
Here, have another double-post.
Quick Note: Start Monday, updates will be scheduled for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with a chance for surprise weekend updates if I finish a project or critical stage.
After a rediculously long work week, I’m exhausted. But I started this blog and I intend to finish it. Besides, crafting keeps me sane.
Anywayhoo, here are my current Works In Progress!